Salt Lake City Based Photographer Timbra Wiist owns/operates Landslide Photography & Photographs the Journey of Motherhood (see bottom of page or sidebar for more info. . .depending on what this blog is choosing to do for the day).

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Partners in Crime

breastfeedingcafecarnivalWelcome to The Breastfeeding Cafe Carnival!

This post was written as part of the Breastfeeding Cafe's Carnival. For more info on the Breastfeeding Cafe, go to www.breastfeedingcafe.wordpress.com. For more info on the Carnival or if you want to participate, contact Claire at clindstrom2 {at} gmail {dot} com. Today's post is about your partner's role in breastfeeding. Please read the other blogs in today's carnival listed below and check back for more posts July 22nd through August 4th!







It's hard to say how my husband has helped our breastfeeding relationship. He was not breastfed, I was. I always knew that I would breastfeed. He never said things like "I'd like to feed the baby" or offered me formula on a hard night. I think we've both ridden the wave of parenthood and breastfeeding in a way that we just see where the wind takes us. In many things, he may think differently than I, but he lets me come to my own conclusions and other than asking when our children might wean, around the age of 3, we don't really discuss it much. Breastfeeding is just a part of our lives that we agree on, that we believe is perfect for our children, that we see as normal around here. I've undertaken the job of photographing breastfeeding women and volunteering to support breastfeeding women. My husband is a support in everything I do! Even recently, he has begun advocating for LLL and sending pregnant women my way, when he meets them through a local service effort.

I do think the most profound thing my husband has ever done to support the breastfeeding relationship of my children and I, is that he took a single photograph of my first nursing session with my first daughter. I don't remember if I asked him to, breastfeeding was not nearly as important to me then, as it is now, but I am thankful always, that I have that first nursing photo because breastfeeding DID become an extremely important part of my mothering and relationship with our children. I couldn't have asked for a better breastfeeding supporter than the one he has chosen to be.





Here are more post by the Breastfeeding Cafe Carnival participants! Check back because more will be added throughout the day.

No comments: