Salt Lake City Based Photographer Timbra Wiist owns/operates Landslide Photography & Photographs the Journey of Motherhood (see bottom of page or sidebar for more info. . .depending on what this blog is choosing to do for the day).

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Jen & Reilly

Recently a mother got in touch with me, who has had to make a difficult decision to give up breastfeeding for the sake of her own physical health. It wasn't a decision made lightly or without some sadness and feeling of loss, but she felt that if she could have some nursing portraits taken, she would feel completely at peace with the decision she was needing to make. What a beautiful way to preserve and say good-bye to a season of life with one's baby. A fellow LLL leader actually recommended me to her, which was also quite a high complement. I really hope that over time this part of my business will blossom and am taking strides to get it there, but most of my nursing portrait sessions have been during our annual fundraiser for World Breastfeeding Week, so I was overjoyed to have been referred to someone and to get to be a part of such an important time in this mama and daughter's lives.